Products

products

The right C-Part range for your success

The basis for success in C-Parts management is having a partner with the right range. We offer more than 140,000 items which we keep in stock in our warehouses worldwide.

C-Parts usually accounts for a large number of all part numbers in a bill of material. They are details such as metal or plastic fasteners (screws, bolts, nuts, rivets, pins, washers, etc.), other small metal-, rubber- or plastic parts such as cables, springs and electronic fasteners.

What is significant about C-Parts?

– Lower unit cost
– Wide product variety
– Larger volumes
– Many suppliers within the segment

Volume vs Value

C-Parts are unique in that purchase price contributes only a small part of the total cost of a component, often as little as 20%. The remaining 80% of the total cost is made up of indirect costs in the form of:

– Logistics costs (forecasting, planning, ordering; incoming goods handling, inspection; warehousing, stock taking, stock control; internal transports and line feed; freight, especially express freight; capital costs, scrap and obsolescence).

– Sourcing costs (supplier sourcing, evaluation, verification; negotiation; supplier administration; parts administration; phase-out/phase-in costs).

– Quality costs (costs of preventive quality measures, such as SQA, and of corrective quality measures (scrap, rebuild), as well as indirect costs of quality such as line stops, rescheduling).

 

To top